Saturday, May 23, 2009

Banana Split

Today was a long day. It was fun, don't get me wrong, just really super long. We got our grocery shopping done at least. I always dread going to our commissary, but the nice one is a bit of a drive and really not practical since I love frozen foods. Most of our stuff would melt on the way home, so we stick to the crappy commissary close to our house. It's small, the selection sucks, and it's always packed with old, rude, slow people. The last time we were there this older lady rammed her shopping cart into my belly, not once, not twice but three times before I finally decided that the item I was looking for at the time was not worth it. She had come up the isle the wrong way (there are actually arrows on the floor cause the isles are too small for more than one cart) and smacked right into me. I was surprised and expected her to say "excuse me" or at least back up a little, but instead she glared at me as if I had done something wrong. So I went back to looking for my item. A few seconds later I feel her cart smack into my side, and I look up to see that she is leaning on her cart looking at the shelf for who knows what and slowly walking forward. I said excuse me this time, and stepped back quite a bit. She looks up to shoot me a dirty look and stops walking. I proceed to look for whatever I was looking for and I feel her nudge me with the cart again. At this point I had already moved several feet from where I had started just to get out of her way, so I said to hell with it and moved on to the next item on my list. I was astounded at how rude some people are, at the time I was 6 1/2 months pregnant and this woman is shoving her cart into my belly without even so much as muttering sorry. I haven't been back there since until today, opting instead to go to Food Lion or to just send Ed with a list and hope for the best. I'm really claustrophobic and the thought of going in our commissary is a little overwhelming. The thought of doing it on a holiday weekend like today was almost enough to give me a panic attack, especially when I saw the parking lot was full. Once we got inside it wasn't actually bad tho and we got our shopping done in about an hour and a half which was fairly quick considering how long we had to stand in line to check out. At least I don't have to leave the house again this weekend. And, since I actually went shopping instead of sending Ed, I got ice cream. Ben and Jerry's Banana Split, YUMMY!

0 comments: